9.18.2007

Relaxation at the Red Roof Inn



After an exhausting week (my first "5" day week back at work, plus the battle of a sore throat) we headed off to Michigan to take Lilly to a Retrieving Test. I guess I should back up and tell you that we sent Lilly off with a trainer the previous week so she could become more birdy. She is staying there for a month, so we picked her up for the weekend. It was funny when I came home to pack because Lilly was excited to see me, but she looked ridiculously tired!

I haven't really had any time to look at the pictures on my camera yet, so this is what you get: A picture of the Red Roof Inn sign! The weekend was beautiful. Lilly practiced all day Saturday then we went back to the hotel, took a nap and went out for dinner. Sunday was the big test, but she still wouldn't pick up a dead bird (I don't blame her!), so she didn't pass. Jeff and I thought this would be an easy title to get on her but we sure did fool ourselves! Oh well, we should be able to finish up her Junior Hunter title this fall.

No comments: