11.12.2008

Three and a half weeks old!



Where have we been? Trying to get into a routine! I thought we had a good routine down last week and then the weekend and a growth spurt came and messed everything up! I assume this will happen a lot.

I took some pictures of Brady yesterday in an attempt to get going on his birth announcements. I am happy to say that I feel well healed and ready to get some things accomplished. My mom emailed me the other day and reminded me of how much I have already gotten done since Brady has come home. That is the only thing about staying home that I don't like: The fact that when 5:30 rolls around, I can't look back on my day, fill out my timesheets, and feel like I have completed a lot of tasks.

But, since I have been home, I have already:
1. Sold my car
2. Gotten rid of the sofa that was sitting in the garage
3. Ironed two baskets of clothes that have been sitting in our room since March
4. Kept the house pretty clean
5. Caught up on all of our thank you cards
6. Made a plan to cook at least one new recipe a week
7. Went through about 1,000 photographs that have been sitting in a folder on my computer since last November
8. Learned how to take care of a newborn!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!!! Sounds like you're getting tons done!!!

The Story of the Murphys said...

What a handsome little man. He looks so much bigger already. Enjoy getting so much done. That sleeping all the time only lasts so long! :) I know I am in for a rude awakening once Clayton becomes mobile. Clayton loves the BabyBjorn, so taking walks with Keely is so easy.

Bill and Anne said...

I am sure you are doing a great job! Look at your little baby and see what you have accomplished! Love seeing the pictures of the little angel.

Anonymous said...

He is amazing guys! And Nikki, you are accomplishing so much just nurturing your little guy... although I know what you mean about the time sheet... must be a "driven, professional mom, thing!" ;) Anyway, we'd love to bring a meal and visit with you guys when it's convenient. Just let us know!

Stacy said...

Wow you've sold your car are you getting another?

Love the photos of his little toes - how adorable!

I've been trying to cook new recipes once a week as well - subscribed to the free Kraft magazine - that has helped! Last night we had pork chops topped with stuffing on a bed of apple pie filling - sounds odd but tastes oh so good! You should post the recipes you like - I always need inspiration when it comes to cooking - just isn't my forte.